Friday 20 June 2014

Volunteer life at Health and Herbs

I have been volunteering at health and herbs since February. I was given the opportunity to volunteer after spending three days doing work experience in Health and herbs as part of my college course. I am studying Health Science and Complementary Therapies, the clinic was the perfect place for me to get an inside look at the work professional therapists do. Because I had such a wonderful time throughout my work experience I jumped at the chance to volunteer.

I learn so much from my days at the clinic but more than this I am given the opportunity to get to know and work with some of the wonderful people who work at Health and Herbs. There is such a wealth of knowledge and experience and professionals who come at the issue of health from different alternative healing backgrounds. It is truly great to see how all the therapists work together to give the clients the best overall assistance possible.
I spend my time helping out in the shop, stocking shelves or blending teas. Every week I help out with a different task. All the therapists and staff are always happy to answer my questions about different herbs and tinctures. That is of course when they have time, the clinic is usually a hive of activity, clients coming and going and people coming in and out of the shop for information and products. And in between all the bustle there is usually a moment when I can sip some herbal tea and enjoy the conversations with the practitioners within the clinic.
I value my time spent there and look forward to the days I pop in to give a hand for a couple hours a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment